The benefits of natural birthing are difficult to exaggerate, with few problems when in the capable hands of an experienced midwife. More and more mothers are searching for not only a home birth, but a natural one, too.
Having a baby is not an illness, so it should not be normal to give birth in hospitals. I have heard far too many personal stories of unnecessary interference especially on the birth of the first child, when the mother is inexperienced and fearful. And therefore so easily manipulated.
Mostly, they learn before the birth of the second child.
To avoid complications in pregnancy and birth, it is vital that the mother looks after her own health, that she takes responsibility for this, rather than giving her power away. This means good, fresh food, lots of rest, lots of appropriate sun exposure, lots of appropriate exercise and as little stress as possible. Amongst other natural and beneficial ways.
Getting rid of the stress may be near impossible for many people, but it can be achieved under good homeopathic treatment. This is one major advantage, amongst many, of this wonderful, natural and holistic form of treatment. The stress seems to evaporate. Where does it go?
Everything the mother does will affect the child. So taking a back seat in life, if you can, will be hugely beneficial for the future well being of the new person you are bringing into the world.
When the mother follows these ideas, she can expect an easy and natural birth. Mothers who have problems giving birth tend to fall into two categories.
- the hospital staff interfere before it is necessary
- the mother has had a poor diet and/or a stressful pregnancy
Even if the mother hasn’t looked after herself during pregnancy, if she uses good homeopathic treatment for each problem as it arises, she can still expect a reasonable birth.
Many midwives are far more knowledgeable about the appropriate birthing homeopathic remedies than are professional homeopaths, because they use them so much.
Sadly, in today’s grip of manipulative corporations, some countries won’t allow midwives to use homeopathy. But you can side step this issue by learning about these remedies yourself. There are about a dozen. If you familiarise yourself with their sphere of action, then you can instruct your birth partner to administer them as you need them.
The benefits of natural birthing go far beyond the well being of both mother and baby, important as these are. Let’s examine some common ones:
- the mother remains in control of this perfectly natural process so is much less likely to suffer post natal depression (in my experience, this invariably comes about after the mother felt she had no control during the process)
- the birth is not like a conveyor belt factory – as much time as is appropriate for the situation can be taken with the comfort of a kindly and knowledgeable midwife
- stress is kept to a minimum
- the baby comes at his/her own pace, without undue interference, so doesn’t face such stress
- the baby experiences the energy of the home, where s/he will (or is likely) to live – this is exceptionally important but never considered
Midwives are also well versed in knowing if a birth is going well or needs medical attention, so the option is always there. However, many problems can be overcome with the appropriate homeopathic medicine.
Following is a list of common problems that can be effectively dealt with by good homeopathic prescribing:
- problems with the cervix and dilation
- pain and tenderness
- abnormal fetal position
- feeble contractions
- fetal distress
To ensure your natural pregnancy and birth go well, take advantage of homeopathy along with all the other supportive measures. This will enhance the benefits of natural birthing. Use a professional family homoeopath to help you.