Asking how long does a cold last is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. It depends on so many factors.
So lets look at a few.
Taking suppressive drugs tends to do just that, suppress the symptoms, without healing them. This can make the cold drag on, albeit with milder symptoms. But the drugs can also knock your energy.
If you are pretty healthy, a cold will last only days and the symptoms will be mild. On the other hand, if you’re not very healthy, your cold will probably last weeks and the symptoms may be more serious, at least in the beginning.
So how healthy is healthy?
Several things contribute to your overall health.
- If you’re naturally positive and happy, you’ll find that you can overcome almost every ailment thrown at you.
- Diet plays a huge role. If you eat a lot of fast food, processed food (packets, cans, sugar, white flour, preservatives, colours, etc) you know you won’t be healthy. But neither is a typical western diet healthy. It tends to lack the right amount of fresh fruit and veggies.
- Exercise, even gentle, helps keep your body working as it should be.
- With the recent scares of skin cancer, most people now chronically lack sunshine.
- Sleep is often substituted for work. This is far from healthy.
- Few people relax enough. A day should always contain some ‘you’ time. Learn to meditate, do yoga, sit quietly, whatever you like, but learn to relax and switch off.
- Consult with a professional homeopath to deal with your ailments. You’ll find that you get progressively healthier as you age, rather than the other way round..
How long does a cold last? You choose. It’s duration is how healthy you are to begin with. And what treatment you take for it.
Don’t forget to take time out to resolve it. Taking a day off work in the early stage of the cold may well shorten its duration.
Look after your body, it’s the only one you have. And no-on else has the same vested interest.
Want to know more about homeopathic treatment?
Leave a Reply