The start of a new year is a great time to consider having a body cleanse. Toxins build up from a variety of sources. Detoxing your body should be a regular part of your life, as they can improve your health so much.
- The air you breathe is full of noxious chemicals, even if you live in the country.
- If the food you eat is non organic plant food, it is full of the residue of chemical fertilisers, pesticides, fungicides, and doubtless others. If you eat non organic animal protein, it will have the residue of antibiotics, growth hormones and all the plant chemicals already mentioned – in their food.
- Furnishings give out chemical smells indicating the air around them is toxic.
- If you use any garden pesticides or chemical household cleaners, you will be absorbing the toxins from this source.
- If you use chemical flea preparations on your animals, you, and they, will breathe i the toxic chemicals.
- All medical drugs are liver toxic, even the over-the-counter ones.
By de-toxing your body, you become lighter, healthier, sleep better, eliminate your waste more efficiently, use your nutrition in a more efficient way and prevent ill health.
It is impossible for your body to make good use of the nutrition you are eating, if you are toxic. So detoxing your body should be a priority for everyone.
There are a variety of ways to detoxing your body. I certainly don’t know all of them, but here are a few:
- getting a colon cleanse at a clinic
- fasting – a common one is on water and fruit and vegetable juices perhaps with some herbs
- restricting your diet to certain foods and herbs
- using an enema, especially coffee enemas
- getting homeopathic treatment
I like the last one best! It is certainly the easiest one and the one which is the least traumatic! Every homeopathic remedy that works well for you will have a de-toxing effect to some degree. The better the effect, the better the de-toxing ability. This is with the deeply effective, what I call, well-being remedies, that need professional skills to prescribe.
However there are a couple of great organ remedies that will help to de-tox your liver. I’m targeting the liver because this is the most toxic organ of anybody. It is also one of the most important.
Liver toxicity can be indicated long before any medical tests will pick it up by some of the following symptoms:
- slow to get going in the morning, reluctant to get out of bed even after a good night’s sleep, showing a lack of refreshment from sleep
- cold extremities (more rarely hot)
- a sluggish digestion especially of fatty foods even the healthy fats
- may have a craving of spices or tasty food but then can’t eat it
- a sluggish immune system – catches every cold or flu
- gets intoxicated by alcohol easily
If you don’t eliminate your waste every day, you are a ticking time bomb. What goes in, must come out. Waste festers in your bowel, leading to the possibility (I will go so far as to say the probability) of serious bowel consequences.
There are two excellent herbs which will strengthen and de-tox your liver. Either can be used as a herb or as a homeopathic remedy in a low potency – typically 3x or 6x.
Chelidonium (the greater celandine) and Carduus marianus (St Mary Thistle or silybum). The difference is not very important at the herb or low potency level but you are likely to react more to one than the other. Try one, if that doesn’t seem to help, try the other. Chelidonium is more for the greater part, the right hand lobe. Carduus marianus is more for the smaller lobe, on the left side. You may have symptoms which will indicate the most appropriate one for you.
Suggested start off dose is twice a day. Once you are established on either one, you can up the dose to four times a day if this suits you. Adjust the dose according to how it is affecting you.
The short term consequences of detoxing your body can be foul stool, diarrhoea, nausea, skin eruptions. These are all healthy signs and should not be interfered with. Rarely will they last more than a few days, and normally just a few hours. If they persist, stop, recover and at a later stage, when you are ready, try again. The second attempt is likely to be much easier.
Homeopathy can help your overall health, too.
Always consult your preferred health professional if in doubt.