Multiple chemical sensitivity treatment, to be truly effective, needs to look at the cause, or more likely causes, and to undo this. This is best done with holistic treatment.
Multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome means that the sufferer is acutely sensitive to any, sometimes all, chemicals in the environment. This is particularly true of the chemicals used in buildings and furnishings where there is little air movement. New buildings are a particular problem for those suffering with this unenviable condition. But chemical treatment for termites or the like, petrol fumes, paint, printing chemicals, till receipts, washing powders, fabric softeners, air fresheners can all be particular problems.
Multiple chemical sensitivity symptoms vary according to the individual, but for most there is a strong feeling of malaise and fatigue. There is often a disconnected feeling between the mind and the body. You can’t think or concentrate. You can become short tempered and irritable. Your sleep may be affected. Not surprising, you can become anxious or depressed.
You may have perfume sensitivity.
Physical symptoms include bad headaches, migraines, hay fever symptoms, flu-like symptoms, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, muscle aches, bladder or renal symptoms. In fact, all the organs, all the systems of the body can be affected because this is systemic. That is, it affects the whole of you.
Because this is a chronic condition, these symptoms may persist permanently, but flare up during exposure.
Doctors label this problem idiopathic. This means they have no idea what causes it.
With our massive increase in chemical production in the last few decades, the world has become so much more polluted. But 100 years ago, there were also chemicals in use, often in large quantities. These were mostly the heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
Lead was used in wall paper, in face powders, in the printing industry. Mercury was used liberally. No one really escaped. Factories were a chemical soup with no thought to health and safety, or controls of the chemicals used.
So if doctors don’t know the cause and our world is so badly polluted what multiple chemical sensitivity treatment will work?
There are two basic reasons. One is that everyone is different. Some are much more sensitive to anything than others, so these will be the most affected. And the other is that our inheritance affects us. So if you have a strong familial history of exposure, you are likely to be more affected. Put the two together and the combinations can be most unpleasant, to put it mildly.
Our bodies are always trying to keep us healthy. They will do this by any means they can. Sometimes, this means throwing out a symptom in one area of the body to save another, more important one.
When you have chemicals coming down through the generations, the symptoms change as the body tries to deal with the problem. No longer will there be, say, wrist drop so common in those who suffer with lead poisoning. You could say the symptoms ‘mutate’, rather like pathogens do.
What this means to you is that you are very toxic. You are likely to be toxic from two sources – your own environment and your inheritance.
All medicines are chemical, so it makes no sense to take these. And many report that they can’t, as it makes everything worse. Which is what you would expect.
The homeopathic approach to multiple chemical sensitivity treatment is to first address your personal load of toxins. Once this has lightened, then we go in to heal those that you have inherited.
The end result can be a vibrantly healthy person with no health concerns. If you would like to discuss your particular problems with a view to consulting me, feel free to check out my contact details.